尊敬的Dr Mohamme 先生
- 、世界所需 建筑之趋 抗震性能好。日本是地震频发国，其建筑多采用钢结构，地震对日本造成的人员伤害较少，社会经济损失也较小。但就土耳其2011年11月地震而言，6级本为中强度地震，造成的损失却重大，人员致死600多人，市中心最出名的巴伊拉姆酒店倒塌，市区20多处建筑坍塌，造成不可以弥补社会创伤。
- 、速度快 由于钢构件可工厂化、机械化、减少劳工、受气候影响小。若是引入大量外籍劳工，势必增大社会管理成本；而采用钢结构为建筑主体材料，恰好解决该潜在问题。
- 、环保 相较传统建筑，约节省水1立方 / 平方， 钢材料可循环利用，多用于民宅、中高层建筑、大型公共建筑、工业厂房、桥、清真寺、等等。
Dear Dr. Mohamme:
We would like to first of all express our thanks and gratitude for the exceptional warm reception that we received during our trip to Saudi Arabia. You and your people’s sincerity and friendliness have further improved our already profound friendship, and lay a solid foundation for our future cooperation.
Immediately after our trip from Saudi Arabia, my company have formed a special task team aimed specifically for the construction projects in Saudi Arabia. During the short time frame since the creation of the team, we have discussed extensively regarding the details and feasibility of our preliminary plan for the development and implementation of construction projects. We believe, that as business partners, our each unique expertises will bring synergy to our partnership and lead us to achieve our ultimate goals.
From this business expedition, we realized the importance of Saudi Arabia government’s civilian projects to the people living in the country. Judging from the sheer number of these projects alone, which numbered around two millions, we know that the level of standards and quality required to successfully complete these projects need to be exceptional high. Therefore, after our company’s numerous in-depth discussions, we propose the following assumptions and execution plans:
- From a market perspective:
- From a long-term point of view, a joint venture for a new factory is necessary, and also feasible. Saudi Arabia’s construction industry has huge market potentials for profit and growth, with currently only few businesses competing in the industry. Hence, the outlook in this industry is very positive;
- Your company’s excellent business connections and relationships within the country, as well as your company’s own expertises make your business highly qualify to be successful within this industry;
- Our company possesses many years of professional knowledge and experiences in the field of construction including design, manufacture, and on-site construction, etc. We will be a valuable asset for your country’s construction industry as we have the expertises in constructing buildings of various heights (i.e. high, middle, and low).
- Based on current situation, we identified the following problems in the industry:
- Saudi Arabia currently lacks adequate labour force as well as professionals within the construction industry. Training a professional staff usually takes 1-2 years.
- The construction industry is heavily labour-focused, characterized by high labour intensity, long working hours in the construction site, and high demands for professional personnel. Saudi Arabia currently lacks adequate manpower for high intensity labour works.
Based on the points above, our company offers the following opinions:
- At current phase we can start discussions regarding the general plan, design, and suitable sites for the new factory;
- Your company should try to bid and win 1000-3000 contracts. Our company will act as a supplier by supplying necessary constructing materials to your company. In order to better prepare for the new factory, we will also provide on-site installation technical support and training for personnel.
From what we learned on this business trip, our company has already started to research on the materials suitable for the construction projects. We have decided that the best material suitable for our circumstance is the low-rise steel-frame structure. We will provide buildings build with the low-rise steel-frames as samples for you business and Saudi Arabian agencies for further review and inspection in the very soon future. The advantages of low-rise steel-frames are listed below:
- The current trend around the global is that buildings need to have great earthquake-resistance. Japan as a frequent earthquake country, uses low-rise steel-frames as primary construction materials for its buildings. Consequently, human and financial losses as a result of earthquakes are often minimized. In sharp contrast, the November 2011 earthquake in Turkey was only 5.6-magnitude in scale, but its effect was devastating. More than 20 buildings, including the famous Bayram Hotel, collapsed during the earthquake. More than 600 people were killed, and the financial loss to society was astounding.
- Low-rise steel-frames cost less time to manufacture. The steel-frame components can be industrialized, making mass-production a reality. As a result, labour hours and negative weather factors can be effectively reduced. If Saudi Arabia hires a large quantity of foreign workers, then the societal costs on managing this foreign labour force would be greatly increased. But if the country choose to use low-rise steel-frames as the primary construction material, the potential foreign labour force problem can be effective solved.
- Environmental-friendly. Compare to traditional buildings, low-rise steel-frames can reduce water usage by 1.1 cube/square. Low-rise steel-frames can be recycled and reused on residential buildings, tall buildings, large public buildings, industrial factories, bridges, and mosques, etc.
Attachment 1: New factory investment estimates
Attachment 2: Factory area layout plans